Northeastern State University is one of Oklahoma's leading comprehensive universities. The Muskogee campus offers health care degrees in Nursing (R.N. to B.S.N) and Occupational Therapy. The Reach Higher degree completion program is coordinated here as well.
NSU expanded to Muskogee in 1993 when we opened a 27,700 square foot facility on a new 23-acre campus. We added the Mike Synar Center to this location in 2001. We are an integral part of the Muskogee community hosting a variety of local events in addition to meeting the educational needs of about 1,400 students each year.
With specialty programs that attract students from a variety of regions, students from Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Texas are eligible for scholarships towards the non-resident portion of their tuition. In Muskogee, we serve junior, senior, and graduate-level students offering programs in:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN), (online) Health Professions
- Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Sciences Health Professions
- Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership (online) BS-ORGL
- Bachelor of Science in Speech-Language Pathology Health Professions
- Master of Science in Nursing (online) Health Professions
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy Health Professions
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies Health Professions
- Master of Public Health (90% online) Health Professions
- Master of Speech-Language Pathology Health Professions
Since 2006, NSU-Muskogee has been an active member of the seven institutional partnership in Oklahoma's Reach Higher Degree Completion Program, a statewide initiative designed to help working adults complete their bachelor s degree online. Dr. Kimberly Williams, Dean of the Muskogee campus, is also the coordinator for the Reach Higher program.