Dr. Alissa Proctor, OD, FAAO, FCOVD, is a Professor at Northeastern State University
Oklahoma College of Optometry. Dr. Proctor came to Tahlequah in 2005 to complete a
Family Practice Residency. She is a graduate of the Michigan College of Optometry
at Ferris State University and is married to Dr. Jason Proctor, the 2015 Oklahoma
Teacher of the Year, who also teaches at NSU. They have two children, Jaxon and Ashtyn.
Dr. Proctor's research interests include assessing new optometric technology, pediatrics
and vision therapy.
Dr. Proctor teaches four courses. When not in class, she enjoys supervising students
at school screenings, vision therapy & infant vision clinic. She is also the Primary
Care Residency Supervisor, the faculty liaison for COVD, and the faculty advisor for
SVOSH (mission trip group).
- OD, Optometry, Michign College of Optometry at Ferris State University, 2005
- Avoiding Pediatric Pitfalls for the Primary Care Optometrist - NSU Fall Primary Eye Care Update - Tahlequah - September 2019
- Judicious Prescribing - NSU Fall Primary Eye Care Update - Tahlequah - September 2019
- Ethical Dilemma in the Therapy Room Poster - COVD Annual Meeting - Kansas City - April 2019
- - AOA InfantSEE Event - Tahlequah, OK - October 2018
- Judicious Prescribing - Oklahoma Chapter of the American Academy of Optometry - Oklahoma City - August
- INTRODUCTION TO CLINIC II - OPT 5191 - Fall 2019
- INTRODUCTION TO CLINIC I - OPT 4291 - Spring 2019