Dr. Burba is a Professor of Chemistry in the Department of Natural Sciences. He earned
a B.S. Chemistry degree from Northeastern State University in 2000. In 2006, he completed
degree requirements for a Ph.D. Chemistry degree from the University of Oklahoma.
His personal hobbies include traveling and fencing.
Dr. Burba maintains an active research program for undergraduate and graduate students,
with research topics in ionic liquids, polymer electrolytes, confined systems, and
stable isotope studies of bat migration.
Dr. Burba's teaching interests include general chemistry, physical chemistry, spectroscopy,
and materials science.
- PhD, Physical Chemistry, University of Oklahoma, 2006
- BS, Chemistry, Northeastern State University, Summa cum laude, 2000
- Quantitative Investigation of Ion Clusters in a Double Salt Ionic Liquid by Both Vibrational
Spectroscopy and Molecular Dynamics Simulation (Journal Article, Professional Journal), Discovery, Published, April (2nd Quarter/Spring),
- Dipolar Coupling and Molecular Vibrations in Ionic Liquids (Journal Article, Professional Journal), Discovery, Published, 2019
- The Nature of Cation-Anion Interactions in Magnetic Ionic Liquids as Revealed by High
Pressure Fourier Transform Infrared (FT-IR) Spectroscopy (Journal Article, Professional Journal), Discovery, Published, May, 2019
- Nanoconfinement-Induced Phase Segregation of Binary Liquids within a Chemically Inert
Matrix (Journal Article, Professional Journal), Discovery, Published, March, 2018
- Temperature- and Pressure-Dependent Infrared Spectroscopy of 1-Butyl-3-methylimidazolium
Trifluoromethanesulfonate: A Dipolar Coupling Theory Analysis (Journal Article, Professional Journal), Discovery, Published, December, 2017
- Implications of Liquid Structure on the Vibrational Spectra of Ionic Liquids - 255th American Chemical Society National Meeting - New Orleans, LA - March 2018
- Ionic Speciation in Ionic Liquids Containing Inorganic Salts - 8th Australasian Symposium on Ionic Liquids - Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia
- May 2018
- My Personal Lotka-Volterra Experiment: How a Chemist at NSU Started Studying Bats - NSU HawkTalk - Tahlequah, OK - October 2020
- GENERAL CHEMISTRY II LAB - CHEM 1231 - Fall 2020
- GENERAL CHEMISTRY II LECTURE - CHEM 1223 - Fall 2020
- PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY I LAB - CHEM 4524 - Fall 2020
- PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY I - CHEM 4524 - Fall 2020