If you are not sure who your advisor is, then you have come to the right place. Your academic advisor is your key to keeping on track and graduating. Good job taking the initiative to figure out who they are.
To identify your advisor:
- Visit your goNSU account and click "Student."
- Go to the "Academic Profile" box on the right side.
- Select the current semester (i.e. "Fall 2013") under "Advisors."
Remember that your advisor wants you to succeed and will help you step by step along the way. They are your personal guides through the college adventure. These are the things your advisor will help you with:
- Enroll in the courses you need for the semester
- Decide what the right major is for you
- Understand your degree audit (DARS)
- Help with “holds” on your account that are making it impossible for you to enroll
- Know what courses are required for your major
- What order you need to take the courses in
- Keep you on track to graduate
Use your advisor as a tool and let them help you to complete school.