Improve quality of life by serving as a cultural and entertainment destination on our campuses and throughout the region we serve.
A center for cultural enrichment and entertainment is achieved by promoting and advancing the fine and performing arts, NCAA intercollegiate athletics, lectures, university student organization programs and recreational co-curricular activities.
Through these activities Northeastern State will act as a preferred destination for visitors and serve a dual function of enhancing regional economic development through visitors' expenditures while providing an exceptional experience for those who participate in our activities and events.
- An institution that embraces a commitment to cultural enrichment and entertainment:
- Promotes diverse continuing education programs and services
- Acts as a regional leader that promotes concerts and lectures
- Supports the arts through student performances, art shows, museum quality exhibitions etc.
- Competes in the highest classification of NCAA intercollegiate athletics as possible
- (sponsored and non sponsored) recreational activities for campus and community members
- Hosts a variety of youth camps
- Nurtures and supports indigenous arts and cultural activities linked to NSUs heritage
* Priorities to be identified in 2011-2012