Dr. Christy Reed came to Northeastern State University as an Assistant Professor of
Early Childhood Education within the Department of Curriculum and Instruction. Prior
to that, she was a classroom teacher for seven years, then an Associate Professor
of Education in Texas.
Research interests include effective practices for reading and writing, children's
literature, advocacy in the classroom, and teaching English language learners.
Teaching interests include early childhood education, reading, elementary education,
and teaching English language learners.
- PhD, Curriculum and Instruction/Language and Literacy, Texas Tech University, 2012
- A creative approach to literacy instruction for adolescent English language learners - Rocky Mountain Educational Research Association - Broken Arrow, OK - October 2018
- Culture in the Toddler Classroom - OKAEYC Annual Conference - Edmond, Oklahoma - September 2019
- BIRTH TO TWO DEVELOPMENT - ECED 4813 - Fall 2019
- READ/LANG DEV OF THE YNG CHILD - READ 4023 - Fall 2019
- EARLY CHILDHOOD LITERACY - ECED 4153 - Fall 2019
- CREATIVE EXPRESSION FOR EC - ECED 5113 - Fall 2019
- CREAT EXPR FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD - ECED 4113 - Fall 2019
- COGN DEV YOUNG CHILD/INTEG CUR - ECED 4213 - Fall 2019
- BIRTH TO TWO DEVELOPMENT - ECED 4813 - Fall 2018
- COGN DEV YOUNG CHILD/INTEG CUR - ECED 4213 - Fall 2018
- CREAT EXPR FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD - ECED 4113 - Fall 2018
- TRENDS & RES IN EARLY CHILD - ECED 5583 - Fall 2018