Dr Janette Quarles
- Assistant Professor
Speech Language Pathology
Muskogee Administration Building 185
BioI bring a diverse professional background to my teaching:
-Owner of a manufacturing company producing therapeutic materials that I designed,
-Speech pathology clinical practice and supervision in public health as well as in the public schools,
-Director of Special Education in Oklahoma public schools,
-Project Management Professional (PMP),
-Principal investigator in research with significant clinical and statistical significance.
My family has had a dramatic influence on my teaching.
-A fourth-generation Oklahoman, my grandparents taught by example the necessity of hard work.
-I became a speech pathologist through experiences with my brother who continues to impact my knowledge and professional practices.
-I have served as caregiver including Power of Attorney and Legal Guardian for thirteen individuals. I stress to students that our purpose is to improve individuals opportunities to participate and function meaningfully in their daily lives.
- OtherDrPH: Doctorate in Public Health ,Public Health Administration, 4.0 GPA, Student of the Year,University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center,,2011
- OtherMPH: Master's in Public Health,Public Health Administration, 4.0 GPA, Student of the Year,University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center,,2008
- MA,Speech Pathology/Audiology,University of Tulsa,,1980
- BS,Education/Speech Pathology/Audiology,University of Tulsa,,1978
- Speech Pathology - M*A*S*H (Medical Applications of Science for Health) - Online - May 2020
- ADULT NEUROLOGICAL DISORDERS - SLP 5823 - Spring 2020
- ARTICUL & PHONOLOGICAL DIS - SLP 4783 - Spring 2020
- LANG DISORDERS IN ADOLESCENTS - SLP 4213 - Spring 2020
- LANG & LITERACY: ASSESS & INT - SLP 5443 - Spring 2020
- VOICE & RESONANCE DISORDERS - SLP 5853 - Spring 2020
- ADV ARTIC & PHONOLOGICAL D/O - SLP 5843 - Fall 2019
- AUGMENTATIVE & ALTERN COMM - SLP 5343 - Fall 2019
- EARLY INTERVENTION - SLP 5222 - Fall 2019
- FLUENCY DISORDERS - SLP 5172 - Fall 2019
- TRENDS & ISSUES COMM DISORDERS - SLP 5411 - Fall 2019