Dr. Christopher Owen came to Northeastern State University as a faculty member in
1992 with the rank of Full Professor of English within the Department of Languages
and Literature, and has since been granted tenure.
My research focuses on twentieth-century American intellectual history.
I enjoy teaching American intellectual history.
- PhD, History, Emory University, 1991
- "Pondering the People: Willmoore Kendall's Intellectual Path From Progressive to Conservative
Populism," in Walk Away: When the Political Left Turns Right (Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book-New), Published, 2019
- "Sooner State 'Boy Wonder:' The Oklahoma Roots of Willmoore Kendall's Thought." (Journal Article, Academic Journal), Published, April (2nd Quarter/Spring), 2019
- "Hard-Boiled Local Vintage: A Review of Bob Avey's Twisted Perception," - Oklahoma Foundation for the Humanities, The Museum Broken Arrow - - May 2018
- HISTORIOGRAPHY & HIST RESEARCH - HIST 3393 - Spring 2020