Dr. Cindi H. Fries has been a faculty member at NSU since 2003. She received her Bachelors
degree in Special Education and Early Childhood Education from the University of Tulsa.
She received her certification in Early Childhood and Learning Disabilities. She earned
a Masters Degree in School Counseling from Northeastern State University, and her
Ed. D in applied educational studies from Oklahoma State University. She teaches mainly
undergraduate teacher education courses, and currently teaches Pre-II Internship and
Emerging Technology. Dr. Fries is the program coordinator of the Teacher Education
International Intern Program. She develops and leads international experiential travel
for teacher candidate interns and education majors.
Dr. Fries research in effective teaching strategies, internationalization of teacher
education and pedagogical development has been presented at international, national
and regional conferences.
Dr. Fries teaching interests is centered on theory to application for pedagogical
methods and STEAM applications. She is dedicated to providing teacher candidates with
international field experience opportunities to increase their awareness of cultural
differentiations and global awareness.
- EDD,College Teaching,Oklahoma State University,Magna cum laude,2012
- M.Ed.,Counseling,Northeastern State University,Magna cum laude,1989
- OtherB.S.Ed.,Special Education,University of Tulsa,,1982
- - February 2020, Other, NSU Teacher Candidates (Broken Arrow, OK)
NSU Teacher Candidates
- - October 2016, Other, RACE (Tulsa, OK)
- - October 2015, Other, RACE (Tulsa, OK)
- - February 2019, Other, NSU Teacher Candidates (Owasso, OK)
NSU Teacher Candidates
- Gender issues in desktop virtual reality learning environments (Conference Proceeding), Discovery, Published, , 2009
- Effects of desktop virtual reality on scenic orientation, recall of scenic details,
and perceived confidence levels in scenic comprehension (Journal Article, Academic Journal), Discovery, Published, September, 2008
- Travel the World with Scholarships & Grants for Educators - Kappa Delta Pi Annual Convo - Norfolk, Virginia - October 2019
- Teacher candidates' recommendations for online ePortfolio training and the impact
on satisfaction, self-efficacy, and perceived importance - Critical Questions in Education - San Antonio, TX - March 2016
- It's not Robotics, It's Critical Thinking - Rocky Mountain Educational Research Association - Broken Arrow, OK - October 2016