Karl G. Siewert has been the librarian for the College of Education on the NSU Broken Arrow campus since April of 2013. Prior to that, they spent 11 years as a librarian with the Tulsa City-County Library, with a focus on Business Reference, and later were in charge of Teen Services for the Hardesty Regional Library. Karl is currently the Library Webmaster, and they are active with the Oklahoma chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries, having served on the Board since 2016.
- MSAwarded through distance education at College Of St. Catherine - St. Paul, MN, Library and Information Science, Dominican University, , 2001
- BA, English, Fort Hays State University, , 1996
Library and information Science
Library Research Methods
English Language and Literature
Young Adult Literature
- February 2018 - April 2018, Art - Exhibition, Group, Big Read Knitters ()
I requested knitted and crocheted squares from volunteer knitters as part of the Big Read 2018 celebration. I then combined the squares into a shawl that was exhibited at the closing ceremony.
- February 2016 - May 2016, Other, https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/in-praise-of-good-friends/id1087060772 (Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States)
I recorded 13 podcast episodes musing on friendship and adjacent topics, including profiles of several individual friends.
- June 2010 - January 2017, Other, https://yalitlovers.oklibshare.org (Oklahoma, United States)
With library colleagues across the state I recorded 110 episodes of this podcast, reviewing literature for children and teens as well as popular culture.
- 0 - April 2017, Music Composition - Other Work, Performance, ()
Composed a parody song in celebration of National Library Week, using the lyrics of "National Brotherhood Week" by Tom Lehrer. Created a performance video singing and playing ukulele, edited it, and published it to YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moX6De0WnH0
- The “Bus Proof” Library: Technical Succession Planning, Knowledge Transfer, and Institutional Memory (Journal Article, Academic Journal), , Published, May, 2019
- The Pop-up Librarian: Bringing Liaison Services to the Patrons - The Expanding Role of the Academic Librarian - Tulsa, OK - 08 Nov 2019
- Queering My Self: How Not To Be A Good Boy - Ignite Tulsa #5: Build a Better World - Tulsa, OK - 15 Jun 2017
- Presidential Address: Reaching Toward The Margins - Reaching Toward the Margins: Critical Librarianship in Academia - Tulsa, OK - 10 Nov 2017
- Unlocking the Google Toolbox - Reach! OLA 110th Annual Conference - Norman, OK - 26 Apr 2017
- INTRO TO ONLINE RESEARCH - LIBM4611 - Summer 2019