Dr. Lara Searcy is an Assistant Professor, English Education Specialist at Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, OK where she teaches English teacher candidates. She is a former high school English teacher and middle school Literacy Resource Specialist and is Nationally Board Certified in AYA-ELA. In 2018, she was awarded the Circle of Excellence in Teaching from NSU. She is a proud member of the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) and is currently the President of the Oklahoma affiliate- OKCTE.
- M.Ed., Education, Northeastern State University, , 2009
- BA, Education, Northeastern State University, , 2006
teacher efficacy, standards-based reforms, and teacher professional development
- TEACHING ENGL IN SECONDARY SCH - ENGL4133 - Fall 2019
- ADV COMPOSITION FOR TEACHERS - ENGL4123 - Summer 2019
- CRITICAL ISSUES IN ENG ED - ENGL3501 - Spring 2019
- ENGLISH EDUCATION CAPSTONE - ENGL4501 - Spring 2019