Dr. David K. Scott (Ph.D. Media Studies, University of Oklahoma) is a Full Professor of Communication and Media Studies at Northeastern State University. He has authored scholarly work in national peer-reviewed journals including Social Science Quarterly; Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly; Communication Studies; The Journal of Children and Media; The Southern Communication Journal and Communication Quarterly.
- Ph D, Media Studies, University of Oklahoma, , 1994
- MA, Speech, Kansas State University, , 1989
- OtherMPA (Masters of Public Administration), Public Administration, University of Oklahoma, , 1988
- BA, Political Science, University of Oklahoma, , 1986
Media Studies; Journalism; Rhetorical Theory; Political Communication.
Media Literacy; Media Law; Organizational Communication; Conflict Management; Argumentation; Leadership Communication.
- U.S. Presidential Debates 1948-2016: An Issue of Interpersonal Respect and Formality. - National Communication Association Conference - Baltimore, MD - 14 Nov 2019
- Assessing the 'Alternative' in alternative media: Democracy Now! vs. the PBS NewsHour. - Central States Communication Association Convention - St. Louis, MO - 05 Apr 2009
- Hard News/Soft News Revisited: The Evolving Standard of Commercial News Values, 1987-2001. - National Communication Association Conference. - Miami Beach, FL. - 19 Nov 2003
- Developing rhetorical compacts: Examining four case studies. - Biennial Public Address Conference - Iowa City, IA - 24 Sep 1998
- The U.S. Supreme Court: A question of interpersonal comity. - Central States Communication Association Convention. - Chicago IL - 02 Apr 1998
- Sweeps news: The commercialization of local TV news. - Central States Communication Association Convention - St. Louis, MO - 13 Apr 1997
- The murder of Kathy Busch: An episodic narrative from a television newsroom. - Speech Communication Association Convention - San Diego, CA - 22 Nov 1996
- Debating historical propositions: Toward a unique genre of competitive debate. - Central States Communication Association Convention - Minneapolis, MN - 17 Apr 1996
- The "Madman Rhetoric" of Richard Nixon: An Alternative Means to Establish Geopolitical Ethos. - Central States Communication Association Convention - Kansas City, MO - 06 Apr 2005
- Diana's Eulogy: Breaking New Ground in Epideictic Rhetoric? - Central States Communication Association Convention - Chicago, Illinois - 02 Apr 1998