Tom Rink, a former police officer turned librarian, currently works as an Instructor for Library Services at Northeastern State University (NSU) on the Broken Arrow campus and is the Resource Coordinator/Faculty Liaison for both the College of Liberal Arts as well as the College of Science and Health Professions.
Tom has been an active member of SLA (Special Libraries Association) and has held numerous leadership positions at every level.
Tom was named a Library Journal "Movers & Shakers" (2005), named a Fellow of SLA (2005), the recipient of LMD's “Karen J. Switt Leadership Award” (2014), and was the recipient of NSU’s “Circle of Excellence Award for Service (2015).
Tom is an avid art collector who enjoys running, cooking/baking (especially cheesecakes), playing the piano, traveling, and going to movies.
He blogs at guncarryinglibrarian.wordpress.com, his twitter handle is @coplibrarian, he’s active on facebook and LinkedIn, and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OtherMasters in Library and Information Studies (MLIS), Library and Information Studies, University of Oklahoma, Summa cum laude, 1992
- BA, Criminal Justice, Michigan State University, Cum laude, 1981
- Guide to Information Sources in the Forensic Sciences (Book Review), Discovery, Published, October (4th Quarter/Autumn), 2006
- A Day in the Life: Career Options in Library and Information Science: Special Libraries: Police Force Librarian (Book, Chapter in Non-Scholarly Book-New), Discovery, Published, , 2007
- Taking Charge of Your Career: a Guide for Library and Information Professionals (Book Review), Discovery, Published, October (4th Quarter/Autumn), 2010
- Volunteering 101: What's In It For You? (Magazine/Trade Publication), Discovery, Published, October (4th Quarter/Autumn), 2014
- Brand You! - Annual Banquet (SLA Kansas/Western Missouri Chapter) - Kansas City, Missouri - 12 Oct 2015