Dr. Alissa Proctor, OD, FAAO, is an Associate Professor at Northeastern State University Oklahoma College of Optometry. Dr. Proctor came to Tahlequah in 2005 to complete a Family Practice Residency. She is a graduate of the Michigan College of Optometry at Ferris State University and is married to Dr. Jason Proctor, the 2015 Oklahoma Teacher of the Year, who also teaches at NSU. They have two children, Jaxon and Ashtyn.
- O.D., Optometry, Michign College of Optometry at Ferris State University, , 2005
Dr. Proctor's research interests include assessing new optometric technology, pediatrics and vision therapy.
Dr. Proctor teaches four courses. When not in class, she enjoys supervising students at school screenings, in vision therapy clinic, or in infant vision clinic. She is also the Family Practice Residency Supervisor and the faculty advisor for SVOSH (mission trip group).
- Avoiding Pediatric Pitfalls for the Primary Care Optometrist - NSU Fall Primary Eye Care Update - Tahlequah - 01 Sep 2019
- Judicious Prescribing - NSU Fall Primary Eye Care Update - Tahlequah - 01 Sep 2019
- Ethical Dilemma in the Therapy Room Poster - COVD Annual Meeting - Kansas City - 01 Apr 2019
- - AOA InfantSEE Event - Tahlequah, OK - 01 Oct 2018
- Judicious Prescribing - Oklahoma Chapter of the American Academy of Optometry - Oklahoma City - 19 Aug 2017
- OPTOMETRY CLINICAL METHODS III - OPT5183 - Fall 2019
- INTRODUCTION TO CLINIC II - OPT5191 - Fall 2019
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS - OPT6061 - Summer 2019
- PEDIATRICS - OPT5233 - Spring 2019
- STRABISMUS AND AMBLYOPIA - OPT6223 - Spring 2019
- INTRODUCTION TO CLINIC I - OPT4291 - Spring 2019