Dr. Earlena McKee received her Doctor of Optometry degree in 1996 from Northeastern State University College of Optometry. She then practiced eight years in an optometry-ophthalmology practice in Kansas where she had extensive experience with ocular disease including treatment of glaucoma and the use of oral medications. She returned to NSU and joined the faculty in 2004. In her spare time she enjoys playing piano and gardening.
- O.D., Optometry, Northeastern State University, Cum laude, 1996
- MA, Mathematics, University of Kansas, , 1989
- BS, Mathematics Education, Pittsburg State University, Magna cum laude, 1985
Her research interests center around treatment of ocular disease, clinical instrumentation and contact lenses.
She teaches Ocular Disease III (vitreous, choroid and retina), Interpersonal Communications and Introduction to Clinic I and II.
- Contact Lens Practice: Clinical Cases with Panel Discussion - OAOP Vision Summit - - 11 Mar 2017
- Contact Lens Practice: Clinical Cases with Panel Discussion - Primary Care CE Conference, NSUOCO - - 12 Sep 2015
- OCD3:VITR/CHOR/RETINAL DISEASE - OPT6173 - Fall 2019
- INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION - OPT4271 - Spring 2019