NSU announces 2019 Centurions
(Tahlequah, Oklahoma) - Northeastern State University has selected the 10 individuals to be named as 2019 Centurions.
A Northeastern State University Centurion is an individual whose leadership and commitment, in the course of helping others, has made a significant impact during the university’s history. The honors are given to NSU alumni, faculty, staff, students or any member of the NSU community—whether past or present—who impacted the life of the nominator, the Northeastern community or the public at large. A Centurion can be living or deceased and should embody the legacy and spirit of NSU.
Since selecting 100 individuals as inaugural recipients of the Centurion Award during its Centennial Celebration in 2009, NSU has added up to 10 names to the Centurion list each year.
Nominations have been received and reviewed, and 10 new individuals will be honored as 2019 NSU Centurions.
The 2019 NSU Centurions include:
- Ed Brocksmith, NSU staff
- Joe Byrd, 1978, 1979 alumnus
- Anne Cottrill, 1965, 1967 alumna, NSU faculty
- Michael Fine (deceased), 1970 alumnus
- Jack Kaufman (deceased), 1934 alumnus
- Charles Seat, NSU faculty
- Dr. Stephen Smith, 1991, 1995 alumnus
- Dr. Vaud Ancil Travis, Sr. (deceased) 1923 alumnus, NSU faculty
- Dr. Henricus "Hank" Van Veen, NSU faculty
- Scott & Tommye Wright, community supporters
In celebration of NSU’s Founders Day 2019, these new members will be added to the roll of NSU Centurions and will be honored during a special luncheon on March 6 at 11:30 a.m. in the Tahlequah Event Center portion of NSU’s Event Center.
To register to attend the 2019 Centurion Honoree Luncheon, or for more information visit www.nsualumni.com/centurions or contact Jennifer Nichols in the NSU president's office at 918-444-2000.
Published: 2/12/2019 10:22:04 AM