Spring General Information

New Students

New students should submit an application and credentials at least one month prior to enrollment. For details, contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.

Enrollment Services

Enrollment Services will assist transfers and undeclared majors with the enrollment process. All new students will be notified of enrollment procedures in their admission letter.

Re-admission of Former Students

Students who have attended NSU but did not enroll in the immediate past semester (summer sessions are not included) must be readmitted. Students who have enrolled in another college since attending NSU must submit official transcripts of all work attempted before readmission can be granted. For details, contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.

Graduate Students

Graduate students should submit an application and credentials one month prior to enrollment. Students not enrolled the previous spring or fall semester must be readmitted. For details, contact the Graduate College.

Academic Year Housing Clearance

If you are single, under 21, have completed less than 60 hours, live outside a reasonable commuting distance (approx. 45 mile radius) from Tahlequah and plan to live off campus (includes commuting or seeking approved off campus housing) you must clear Housing (Leoser Center) before enrolling.


All persons receiving VA benefits must contact the Veterans Services Coordinator in the Office of the Registrar upon completion of enrollment.

Academically Ineligible to Re-enroll

If you enroll early, and become ineligible to continue, your registration will be canceled. After one or more semesters following suspension, you may petition the Admissions, Enrollment and Retention committee for readmission. The student should submit an application for admission, a letter of appeal and official transfer transcripts to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment by October 15 for spring semester, April 15 for summer semester and July 15 for fall semester.

To Cancel Enrollment

If you cannot attend NSU after you enroll, it will be necessary to withdraw prior to the beginning of classes by submitting the Semester Withdrawal form. You must first login to your Green Mail account in order to access the online withdrawal form. If you need assistance, please contact the Office of the Registrar.

Degree Requirements

The catalog in effect at the time the student officially declares a major will govern the degree requirements for the major and minor, provided that the student has had continuous enrollment. Continuous enrollment will be defined as not being out of an Oklahoma State System college or university for more than two consecutive enrollment periods. Students who have been out three semesters will be subject to any new degree requirements.

Academic Forgiveness Policies

Undergraduate students may repeat up to four classes (not to exceed 18 hours) of “D” or “F” grades and have only the last grade earned used in the calculation of retention and graduation GPA. In certain circumstances, students may apply for an academic reprieve for up to two consecutive semesters of course work or academic renewal for removal of all previous coursework. For more information regarding the Academic Forgiveness Policy, contact your advisor or the Office of the Registrar.

Class Schedule Changes

Changes in schedule during the add/drop period will result in full charges for courses added and full refund for courses dropped. Refunds will not be made after the defined add/drop period.

Collection Costs

Unpaid accounts receivable may be assigned for collection. If an account is assigned, any collection costs, court costs, and/or attorney’s fees necessary to collect the amount owed will be added to the balance due. The balance due may be reported to national credit bureaus, which may adversely affect credit ratings. A hold will be placed on university records and future enrollment until the balance is paid in full.


Each student who expects to complete degree requirements for a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree must file an application by March 15 for Summer graduates, August 15 for Fall graduates, and January 15 for Spring graduates via goNSU. Undergraduate students, in conjunction with the advisor, should utilize the Degree Works audit to check eligibility for graduation. In addition, graduate students who expect to complete requirements for master’s degrees next term should submit a degree check form to the Graduate College in the Administration Building. Forms to request the degree check are located on the Graduate College home page. Degree check requests are not taken during grade reporting, registration or add/drop periods. 

Please Remember:  You have not officially graduated until a final audit of degree requirements is performed by the Office of the Registrar.  This verification takes place after final grades are posted for the semester under consideration and after commencement ceremonies. Students not meeting eligibility requirements will be notified.  For students who meet eligibility requirements, diplomas will be mailed no more than three months after the end of the semester in which you are graduating.


Commencement ceremonies are held in May and December of each year. Students who will complete degree requirements in May or August may participate in the May ceremony however, summer graduates need to complete the Application for Bachelor’s degree for summer. Students who complete degree requirements in the Fall may participate in the December commencement.

Student Responsibility

Students are personally responsible for completing all requirements established for their degrees by the university, college and department. A student's advisor may not assume these responsibilities and may not substitute, waive, or exempt the student from any established requirement or academic standard.

University Notice

Please register early. Courses are subject to cancellation due to low enrollment. All information is subject to change.