Membership: Membership is comprised of Banner data owners and other representatives from administrative offices. One member from each of the following administrative offices is represented on the Banner Operations Committee by appointment from the appropriate Vice President / President, and one Faculty representative appointed by Faculty Council.
Admissions and Enrollment
Advancement Human Resources
Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Purchasing
Bursar and Student Accounts Receivable
Planning and Budget
Function: The Banner Operations Committee acknowledges and accepts shared responsibility for the standardization, upgrade/maintenance support, adherence to data standards, systems, processes and development of policies and procedures for security of administrative data.
- Encourages open communication and information sharing for issues, concerns, enhancements, and information that apply to functional offices, business processes, and administrative systems and data of Northeastern State University.
- Serves as an advisory group pertaining to new administrative projects and systems that significantly impact functional offices and business processes of the University.
- Coordinates institutional resources (primarily project scheduling and personnel) to implement, integrate, upgrade, secure, test and support administrative systems.
- Reviews and prioritizes requests from the university community for enhancements of administrative systems to measure the impact of recommended changes on all areas.
- Continually identifies, reviews, evaluates, and enhances training needs and opportunities provided to the University community.
- Supports, implements, and communicates group decisions and policies to respective University departments and organizations.
Meetings: This committee will meet as necessary as called by the Chair, but no less than once each quarter during the fiscal year. Minutes should be sent to the Vice President for Business and Finance The committee Chair will be determined by a vote of the committee from the membership at the first meeting of each fiscal year. No one individual may hold the Chair position more than two consecutive years.
back to committee list